If you believe games and social gaming may have a hand to play in the building a better tomorrow, the “The Games Academy” may be the place for you. Offered by Papaya Mobile and hosted at Parisoma in San Francisco, this three-month accelerated program for game developers is looking to create the next top-grossing social game on mobile.
We are asking, here at Applications for Good, why not build social benefit component to your game? So we are forming a team to participate in the Academy to build a game that will either raise money for a cause within the game, or that could educate game players while they are entertained.
Under the expert guidance of game industry veterans, teams will compete to build the most profitable freemium mobile social game and receive prizes including 100,000 guaranteed downloads, app store featured placement, opportunities to pitch investors, and more.
- A three month crash course on mobile/social game development that occurs in parallel to developers creating their game.
- Access to a team of veteran social game developers that will serve as both instructors and advisors for “The Games Academy.”
- Free workspace at the Parisoma Innovations Loft located in SOMA San Francisco and home to some of the Bay Area’s most prominent start-ups.
- Help with funding and career growth via introductions to top VCs and companies in the mobile gaming space.
- Access to legal advice through office hours provided by PapayaMobile’s legal counsel.